A Message from Kitsap Bank - COVID-19
As always, the health, safety and well-being of our customers, employees and community are our top priority. Please be assured that Kitsap Bank is committed to supporting you, our employees and our community through this situation.
Additional Information about the Safety and Security of Your Funds
We hope you find the following information helpful.
Update from 3/24/20: Banking During “Stay Home. Stay Healthy.”
Governor Inslee announced on March 23rd that Washingtonians are to “Stay Home. Stay Healthy” as our region works to combat the COVID-19 epidemic. “Essential Service” businesses will remain open, and that includes Kitsap Bank.
For the safety of our customers, employees and community, we continue to limit general access to our branch lobbies. We are offering banking services through our drive-ups, ITS (Interactive Teller Service) machines, ATMs, online banking, mobile banking and telephone banking (800.283.5537).
Your deposits continue to remain safe, as does your ability to access your funds. Rest assured that throughout this, we remain safe, secure, and ready to serve you. Please don’t hesitate to contact your local Kitsap Banker with any questions or concerns.
- Allyn Kiosk - ITS/ATM Services
Bainbridge Island Branch - Drive-Up and ATM
Belfair Branch - ITS/ATM Services
Bonney Lake Commercial Banking Center - ITS/ATM Service
Bremerton 6th & Pacific Branch - ITS/ATM Services
East Bremerton Branch - ITS/ATM Services, Drive-Up
Fife Branch – Night Depository Services
Gig Harbor Pioneer Way Branch - Drive-up, ATM
Gig Harbor Point Fosdick Branch - Drive-up, ATM
Kingston Branch - ITS/ATM Services
Port Angeles Branch - ITS/ATM Services
Port Hadlock Branch - Drive-up, ATM
Port Ludlow Branch - Drive-up, ATM
Port Orchard Bethel & Lund Branch - Drive-Up, ATM
Port Orchard Main Branch - ITS/ATM Services
Port Orchard South Park Village Branch - ITS/ATM Services
Port Townsend Branch - Drive-up, ITS/ATM Services
Poulsbo Branch - Drive-up, ATM
Sequim Branch - Drive-Up, ATM
Silverdale Branch - Drive-Up, ATM
Our friends and neighbors have counted on us for over 111 years. As your financial partner, we remain steadfastly committed to helping our customers achieve their dreams, supporting our community, and serving as a stabilizing force during tough economic times.
Kitsap Bank has weathered difficult times in the past – the Spanish Flu of 1918 (just ten years after opening our doors), the Great Depression (when depositors loaned money to the bank and every penny was paid back in two years at five times the going rate), and the most recent economic recession (when we assumed the deposits of a failed community bank in our area).
Rest-assured, Kitsap Bank continues to remain safe, secure and well-capitalized. And, FDIC-insured banks remain the safest place to keep your money. Since 1933, no depositor has ever lost a penny of FDIC-insured funds. Today, the FDIC insures up to $250,000 per depositor per FDIC-insured bank.
Like other banks, we have adopted “social distancing” in accordance with state and federal guidelines during the COVID-19 outbreak. We are offering banking services through our drive-ups, ITS (Interactive Teller Service) machines, ATMs, online banking, mobile banking and telephone banking. Your deposits continue to remain safe, as does your ability to access your funds.
We appreciate your continued loyalty and trust in us as your financial partner.
Kitsap Bank offers alternative banking solutions for those who wish to avoid public places during this time.
We offer many alternatives to in-person banking:
- Our Online and Mobile Banking services are available 24/7, allowing you to perform many banking transactions, including depositing checks, moving money between accounts, checking your balance, reviewing account activity, paying bills and more. Not signed up? Enroll Now!
- Interactive Teller Service (ITS). With our Interactive Teller Service, you can choose to use the machine as a regular ATM, or video chat with a Teller for additional services. Make deposits/withdrawals/transfers, cash checks, submit loan payments, and more. Locate an ITS near you!
- Drive-Up Banking Our Customer Service team is available to assist with your banking needs or questions you may have via phone at 800.283.5537.
- Kitsap Bank has measures in place to support continued operations during unusual events such as this and we are taking measures to enhance these as circumstances warrant. We are consistently monitoring staffing levels throughout all areas of the Bank to ensure we maintain our service levels and to prevent any disruptions in service due to health reasons.
We have taken, and will continue to take, precautionary measures that are consistent with those recommended by the CDC and the Washington State Department of Health.
- Unfortunately, fraudsters are opportunists and often take advantage of events such as these. Be vigilant if you receive something that seems out of the ordinary. Below is a link to the Federal Trade Commission’s site with specific coronavirus-related scammer information.
We will continue to monitor developments around COVID-19 and provide updates as necessary. As always, we are committed to serving as your trusted financial partner and we thank you for the trust you have placed in us.
It is important to pay heed to official sources. Here are some resources for your reference:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Washington State Department of Health
World Health Organization
Occupational Safety and Health Administration