Kitsap Bank is proud to support small businesses in Western Washington who are making an impact on their communities through our edg3 FUND small business competition. We began this competition to recognize small businesses that, like Kitsap Bank, are committed to making our community a better place, and doing so in unique and innovative ways.
edg3 FUND Mission
To recognize entrepreneurs that are dedicated to growing our community economically, socially and environmentally.
Introducing edg3 FUND 2020
In the midst of a pandemic, supporting our small business neighbors is more important than ever. The 7th annual edg3 FUND competition is back in 2020, but with some significant changes, including MORE PRIZES! The public is also invited this year to nominate a local business that they feel meets the edg3 FUND mission. Additionally, this year's competition will recognize small businesses that have demonstrated innovation and resiliency during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Prizes and Benefits
- Goes to the business that in the judges’ opinion best demonstrates their commitment to the triple bottom line business model, contributing to the community economically, socially and environmentally.
- Goes to the company that demonstrates creativity, innovation and resiliency, providing unique solutions, products and services to remain relevant, competitive, and focused on long-term growth. Faced with challenges, the business adapts and overcomes obstacles.
- Awarded to the business deemed most committed to making a difference in its community – giving back through volunteer work or monetary donations, and working cooperatively with others to strengthen the community.
- Goes to the business that receives the highest number of votes in the online public vote.
- In addition to monetary prizes, the competition provides businesses with exposure and connections to resources. edg3 FUND Finalists receive a video about their company, as well as exposure for their business through advertising, articles and social media published by Kitsap Bank and our media partner, Premier Media (South Sound Business Magazine and 425 Business Magazine). The Finalists also benefit through mentoring and connections to local resources for their business.