Switching Banks Made Easy
Whether it's your personal or business accounts, or both, your transition will be easy and seamless. If you want to do it yourself, or prefer to have a Kitsap Banker walk you through the process, we’re here to help with our simple five step process.
- Step 1: Open an account with Kitsap Bank.
- Choose your account and open online, or, simply stop by your local Kitsap Bank branch.
- Step 2: Change your direct deposit.
- If you have your Social Security, payroll, or other income deposited electronically, we can help you re-direct those deposits to your Kitsap Bank account. Simply complete and submit the Government (PDF) and/or Non-Government Direct Deposit Request Form (PDF), or stop by your local Kitsap Bank branch for assistance.
- Step 3: Set-up Kitsap Bank Online Banking and Bill Pay.
- Access your accounts and pay your bills 24 hours a day, seven days a week. From email alerts when payments are due to setting up recurring payments, we’ve got you and your bills covered! View demo or enroll today!
- Step 4: Cancel and/or change your automatic payments or withdrawals.
- If you have automatic payments or withdrawals authorized to debit your accounts at other financial institutions, please transfer them over to Kitsap Bank’s Online Bill Pay or change/cancel your automatic withdrawals (PDF) with our simple request form.
- Step 5: Close your old account and transfer any remaining funds.
- After verifying that all of your automatic deposits and withdrawals are posting to your Kitsap Bank account and all checks have cleared, you can close down your account with your former financial institution. For your convenience, use our Account Closing/Transfer Request Form (PDF) to finalize the process.