Privacy & Online Security
View our Annual Privacy Notice (PDF).
- Customer Information We Collect
- We may collect "nonpublic personal information" about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you personally on applications, forms or correspondence, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, assets, liabilities and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as account balances, location of transactions and payment histories.
- Information we receive from third parties such as credit bureaus.
In most cases, any nonpublic personal information about you that we collect is used by us in our efforts to serve your financial needs and administer your personal accounts and transactions. In addition, we may collect information about you in compliance with certain laws and regulations.
"Nonpublic personal information" is nonpublic information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. For example, nonpublic personal information includes information regarding your account balance, payment history, and overdraft history.
- Disclosure of Information to Others
- We do NOT disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone, except as permitted by law. As exceptions to this policy, we may from time to time provide personally identifiable information about you to others:
- To help assure the accuracy and security of the information. For example, we may provide information to consumer reporting agencies.
- In connection with the acquisition or sale of loans.
- In connection with inquiries made by merchants or others, where the other party represents to us that the inquiry is made as a result of a transaction with you. For example, merchants will from time to time ask us to verify the status of a check you have given them.
- As part of our marketing of our financial products or services. We may, for example, use another party to mail materials to you, or to help us identify products and services we offer that may appeal to you.
- As part of any legal or regulatory requirements imposed on us.
We will require companies with whom we do business to appropriately safeguard and hold confidential, any information about you that we must share with them.
- Security Measures To Protect Your Information
- We take steps to safeguard your information. We restrict access to personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your confidential information and financial records. We have established security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to your information. These standards are for both our traditional banking products and services and our electronic online services.
- Internet Applicable Privacy Disclosure
- We do collect general information about your visit, such as when our site was accessed, which pages were accessed and what Internet provider was used. We can not identify a specific user from this record. You may elect to provide us with more specific information, such as when you give us feedback or send us an e-mail.
E-mail contact through our website does not require you to disclose any personally identifying information. Because there is a small risk that information transmitted via Internet e-mail could fall into the wrong hands, we suggest that confidential information, such as account numbers or Social Security numbers, not be transmitted via e-mail. But in order to process certain types of e-mail requests, you may be asked for specific information about yourself in order to process the request or facilitate a decision. In addition, if you choose to contact us via e-mail, please keep in mind that your e-mail address and any other information your e-mail header shows about you, such as your organization or name, will be revealed to us in the e-mail. We pledge that when you communicate with us via e-mail, we will use your e-mail information only for the specific purpose of responding to your questions or comments. Your e-mail address will not be sold, and will not be shared with anyone who is not affiliated with, unless we are compelled to do so by law.
- We have a number of links to other sites, on our web site. These are offered as a courtesy and a convenience. We assume no responsibility for the content, safety, security, or privacy of any such site or any transactions with respect thereto. If you have questions or concerns about any other site's policy regarding these matters, you should contact that site or its sponsor.
- Children's Privacy
- Protecting the privacy of our children is more critical today than ever. For that reason, our website is not structured to attract children under the age of 13. Parental consent is required for children under 13 to provide personally identifiable information via our website.
- Additional On-Line Security Measures
- Data is encrypted as it travels to and from your PC. Encryption is accomplished through a 128 bit "Secure Sockets Layer," the de facto standard for data encryption on the Internet. This means unauthorized individuals cannot decipher your sensitive financial information.
User IDs and passwords are stored on our bank's computer, isolated from the Internet, where they can not be accessed or downloaded by anyone on the Internet.
Our computer system does not connect directly to the Internet. It is isolated from the network via a "firewall" -- a software and hardware product that defines, controls and limits the access that "outside" computers have to the bank's computer. This firewall subscribes to the standards set by the NCSA (National Computer Security Association). In other words, use of the firewall allows only authenticated bank customers or administrators to send or receive transactions through it.
We operate within all the rules and regulations of banking and bank security as set forth by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. We are committed to working with our communications providers to produce the safest operating environment possible for our customers and will take advantage of evolving security enhancements.
If you have any questions regarding Kitsap Bank's privacy statement or procedures, please contact us via e-mail or call us at 800-2TELLER (800-283-5537).