The Bank Secrecy Act Officer ensures the bank conforms to all regulatory requirements and guidelines relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations, the USA PATRIOT Act, Know your Customer (KYC) requirements, Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) regulations, and the bank’s BSA Program.
Participates in various committees, audits and regulatory examinations and provides guidance and expert advice to the Board of Directors, senior management, and bank personnel on emerging trends and issues. The BSA Officer consults and guides bank management in the establishment of controls to mitigate risk.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in regulatory compliance.
• ACAMS or other recognized industry certification preferred.
• Knowledgeable of databases and websites used in the investigations of suspicious activity, including money laundering and terrorist financing.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, legal documents, governmental regulations and professional publications; ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from senior management, attorneys, vendors, government agents and general public; ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Ability to remain composed and make appropriate decisions under stressful conditions, which may involve dealing with a range of responsibilities and defined timetables.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to effectively utilize computer technology.
• Ability to operate standard bank/office equipment such as a copy machine, telephone, fax machine and ten-key calculator