We invite you to get involved and help us support our extended family of friends and neighbors. Tell us how you’re making a difference by using #causegood on social media. Together, we can truly have an impact on the world around us.
More Than $400,000 Donated in 2017
Each year, Kitsap Bank gives back and causes good with a variety of significant financial contributions.
Over 3,500 Employee Volunteer Hours
In 2017, Kitsap Bank employees enthusiastically donated more than 3,500 hours to local causes.
Nearly 150 Organizations Supported
We proudly invest in a large number of Pacific Northwest non-profit organizations each year.
- Admiral Theatre
Allyn Community Association
Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network
Bainbridge Island Downtown Association
Bainbridge Island Senior Community Center
Beautify Bonney Lake
Boys & Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound
Bremerton Services Association-Meals on Wheels Kitsap
Chamber of Commerce
City of Gig Harbor
City of Port Orchard
CK Medic One Foundation
Community Boat Project
Dove House Advocacy Services
Dungeness Crab & Seafood Festival
EDC East Jefferson
Faith in Action: West Sound
Fathoms O' Fun
Feiro Marine Life Center
First Tee of South Puget Sound
Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Alliance
Great Peninsula Conservancy
Habitat for Humanity's
Holly Ridge Center
Housing Resources Bainbridge
Island Volunteer Caregivers
Jefferson County Farmers Market
Jumping Mouse Children's Center
Kingston 4th of July Celebration
Kitsap Aerospace & Defense Alliance
Kitsap Business Forum
Kitsap County Association of Realtors
Kitsap County Eagle Scouts
Kitsap County Fair and Stampede
Kitsap County Medical Society Foundation
Kitsap Economic Development Alliance
Kitsap Humane Society
Kitsap Mental Health Services
Martha and Mary Lutheran Services
North Kitsap Boys & Girls Club
North Kitsap Fishline Food Bank
Northwest Watershed Institute
NW Furniture Bank
Olympic College Foundation
Olympic Logging Conference
Olympic Medical Center Foundation
Olympic Peninsula Humane Society
Olympic Theatre Arts
Peninsula Behavioral Health
Port Ludlow Performing Arts
Port Orchard Bay Street Association
Port Townsend Film Festival
Port Townsend Main Street Program
Poulsbo Community Orchestra
Puyallup South Hill
Saints Car Club
Seeds of Grace
Sequim Irrigation Festival
Soroptimists International of Sequim
South Kitsap School District
St. Vincent de Paul
The Boiler Room
Virginia Mason Foundation
YWCA of Kitsap County
Kitsap Bank Community Connections Guidelines
Kitsap Bank’s Funding Focus Areas
- Sustainability/The Environment: Organizations/projects that promote sustainability and improve our environment.
- Youth, Education, and The Arts: Special consideration will be given to programs teaching financial education and responsibility.
- Health & Social Services: Organizations improving the health and social well-being of members of our community by providing support to those who are affected by disease or disability, providing basic needs (i.e. food, shelter, etc.), encouraging individuals to seek tools to remain healthy through prevention and education, and opportunities to restore their ability to be successful members of society.
- Economic & Community Development: Organizations that are improving and promoting business development to boost the regional economy. Community Development generally related to Affordable Housing, Services to Low/Moderate Income, Economic Development/Job Creation, and Revitalization/Stabilization of Low/Mod areas.
Any non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization in a community that Kitsap Bank serves, which meets one of the funding focus areas above, are encouraged to apply.
Organizations providing services to low/moderate income individuals will be given preference.
Proposals must be received by September 7th of the year prior to the donation or sponsorship for budget consideration. Any proposals received thereafter will be considered for the following year (i.e. proposals received September 8, 2018 and later will be reviewed for the 2020 year).
Only proposals of sponsorship or grant requests ranging from $500 to $10,000 will be reviewed.
Only proposals from organizations within Kitsap Bank's footprint will receive consideration.
- - Individuals, including scholarship or fellowship assistance (Kitsap Bank provides the University of Washington Business Scholarship, Olympic College Scholarship and the Western Washington University/Olympic College Poulsbo Campus Scholarship each year. Learn More)
- For-profit entities, including start-up small businesses (Kitsap Bank offers the edg3 FUND small business competition annually for entrepreneurs dedicated to growing our communities economically, socially, and environmentally. Learn More)
- Political, labor, or religious activities/organizations
- Loans and investments
- Operating funds and deficits, debt retirement, or emergency funding
- Projects or organizations outside of Kitsap Bank’s market area
- Travel related expenses, including trips, tours and conferences
- Community Foundations (funds passed through to other 501(c)(3) organizations)
- Sports Team Sponsorships (these sponsorships are handled at the branch level directly)
- Golf Tournaments (these sponsorships are handled at the branch level directly)
- Seminars or trade shows
* Exceptions may be made for long-standing relationships with partner organizations