The Community Connections program, is Kitsap Bank’s formalized giving program for non-profits. Through the program, donation and sponsorship requests from non-profits are accepted and evaluated annually. Kitsap Bank’s Community Connections application period for 2023 funding has closed. Check back in early 2023 to access the application for 2024 funding.
If you are interested in applying, please review the guidelines and eligibly below and fill out the application at the bottom of the page.
We believe that growth starts right here at home and we are invested in supporting our local neighbors, giving back to those who need it most.
More Than $400,000 Donated in 2021
Each year, Kitsap Bank gives back and causes good with a variety of significant financial contributions.
Nearly 150 Organizations Supported
We proudly invest in a large number of Pacific Northwest non-profit organizations each year.
Bainbridge Island Downtown Association
Boys & Girls Club of the Olympic Peninsula
Bremerton Navy League
Bremerton Services Association-Meals on Wheels Kitsap
Central Kitsap Foodbank
Chamber of Commerce
City of Gig Harbor
City of Port Orchard
CK Medic One Foundation
Community Boat Project
Eastside Baby Corner
Fathoms O' Fun
Feiro Marine Life Center
First Tee of South Puget Sound
FISH Food Bank
George Washington Society
Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Alliance
Girls on the Run West Sound
Great Peninsula Conservancy
Habitat for Humanity's
Holly Ridge Center
Housing Resources Bainbridge
Jefferson County Farmers Market
Jefferson Land Trust
Jumping Mouse Children's Center
Kingston 4th of July Celebration
Kitsap County Eagle Scouts
Kitsap County Fair and Stampede
Kitsap Economic Development Alliance
Kitsap Humane Society
Kitsap Mental Health Services
Martha and Mary Lutheran Services
North Kitsap Boys & Girls Club
North Kitsap Fishline Food Bank
Northwest Girl Choir
NW Furniture Bank
Olympic College Foundation
Olympic Medical Center Foundation
Peninsula Behavioral Health
Port Angeles Food Bank
Port Gamble S'Klallam Foundation
Port Ludlow Performing Arts
Port Orchard Bay Street Association
Port Townsend Film Festival
Port Townsend Main Street Program
Poulsbo Community Orchestra
Poulsbo Historical Society
Saints Car Club
Soroptimist International of Sequim
South Kitsap School District
The Coffee Oasis
The Sophia Way
Urban Business Support
Washington Women in Need
Western Washington University Foundation
Kitsap Bank Community Connections Guidelines
Kitsap Bank’s Funding Focus Areas
- Sustainability/The Environment: Organizations/projects that promote sustainability and improve our environment.
- Youth, Education, and The Arts: Special consideration will be given to programs teaching financial education and responsibility.
- Health & Social Services: Organizations improving the health and social well-being of members of our community by providing support to those who are affected by disease or disability, providing basic needs (i.e. food, shelter, etc.), encouraging individuals to seek tools to remain healthy through prevention and education, and opportunities to restore their ability to be successful members of society.
- Economic & Community Development: Organizations that are improving and promoting business development to boost the regional economy. Community Development generally related to Affordable Housing, Services to Low/Moderate Income, Economic Development/Job Creation, and Revitalization/Stabilization of Low/Mod areas.
Any non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization in a community that Kitsap Bank serves, which meets one of the funding focus areas above, are encouraged to apply.
Organizations providing services to low/moderate income individuals will be given preference.
Proposals must be received by September 16th of the year prior to the donation or sponsorship for budget consideration. Any proposals received thereafter will be considered for the following year (i.e. proposals received September 17, 2022 and later will be reviewed for the 2024 year).
Only proposals of sponsorship or grant requests ranging from $500 to $10,000 will be reviewed.
Only proposals from organizations within Kitsap Bank's footprint will receive consideration.
- - Individuals, including scholarship or fellowship assistance (Kitsap Bank provides the University of Washington Business Scholarship, Olympic College Scholarship and the Western Washington University/Olympic College Poulsbo Campus Scholarship each year)
- For-profit entities.
- Political, labor, or religious activities/organizations
- Loans and investments
- Operating funds and deficits, debt retirement, or emergency funding
- Projects or organizations outside of Kitsap Bank’s market area
- Travel related expenses, including trips, tours and conferences
- Community Foundations (funds passed through to other 501(c)(3) organizations)
- Sports Team Sponsorships (these sponsorships are handled at the branch level directly)
- Golf Tournaments (these sponsorships are handled at the branch level directly)
- Seminars or trade shows
* Exceptions may be made for long-standing relationships with partner organizations