The Community Connections program, is Kitsap Bank’s formalized giving program for non-profits. Through the program, donation and sponsorship requests from non-profits are accepted and evaluated annually. Kitsap Bank’s Community Connections application period for 2024 is now open. Applications are due by September 15, 2023.
If you are interested in applying, please review the guidelines and eligibly below and fill out the application at the bottom of the page.
We believe that growth starts right here at home and we are invested in supporting our local neighbors, giving back to those who need it most.
More Than $400,000 Donated in 2022
Each year, Kitsap Bank gives back and causes good with a variety of significant financial contributions.
Over 2,600 Employee Volunteer Hours
In 2022, Kitsap Bank employees enthusiastically donated more than 2,600 hours to local causes.
Nearly 150 Organizations Supported
We proudly invest in a large number of Pacific Northwest non-profit organizations each year.
Allyn Community Association
Bayside Housing & Services
Boys & Girls Club of the Olympic Peninsula
Bremerton Navy League
Bremerton Services Association-Meals on Wheels Kitsap
Central Kitsap Food Bank
Chamber of Commerce
City of Port Orchard
CK Medic One Foundation
Community Boat Project
Crosby Community Center
Eastside Baby Corner
Eastside Legal Assistance Program
Fathoms O' Fun
Feiro Marine Life Center
Financial Beginnings Washington
First Tee of South Puget Sound
FISH Food Bank
Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Alliance
Girls on the Run West Sound
Grapeview Community Association
Great Peninsula Conservancy
Habitat for Humanity's
Holly Ridge Center
Housing Resources Bainbridge
Jefferson County Farmers Market
Jefferson Land Trust
Jumping Mouse Children's Center
Kingston 4th of July Celebration
Kitsap County Eagle Scouts
Kitsap Economic Development Alliance
Kitsap Fair and Stampede Association
Kitsap Immigrant Assistance Center
Kitsap Mental Health Services
Martha and Mary Lutheran Services
North Kitsap Boys & Girls Club
North Kitsap Fishline Food Bank
NW Furniture Bank
Olympic College Foundation
Olympic Medical Center Foundation
Peninsula Behavioral Health
Port Angeles Fine Arts Center Foundation
Port Angeles Food Bank
Port Gamble S'Klallam Foundation
Port Ludlow Performing Arts
Port Orchard Bay Street Association
Port Townsend Film Festival
Port Townsend Main Street Program
South Kitsap Rotary Foundation - Kurt Wagner Education Fund
Saints Car Club
Sequim Irrigation Festival
South Kitsap Helpline
South Kitsap School District
St. Vincent de Paul Bremerton
The Coffee Oasis
The HUB Center for Seniors
The Sophia Way
University of Washington School of Dentistry
Washington Women in Need
Western Washington University Foundation
Wing Luke Memorial Foundation
YMCA Pierce and Kitsap Counties
Kitsap Bank Community Connections Guidelines
Kitsap Bank’s Funding Focus Areas
- Sustainability/The Environment: Organizations/projects that promote sustainability and improve our environment.
- Youth, Education, and The Arts: Special consideration will be given to programs teaching financial education and responsibility.
- Health & Social Services: Organizations improving the health and social well-being of members of our community by providing support to those who are affected by disease or disability, providing basic needs (i.e. food, shelter, etc.), encouraging individuals to seek tools to remain healthy through prevention and education, and opportunities to restore their ability to be successful members of society.
- Economic & Community Development: Organizations that are improving and promoting business development to boost the regional economy. Community Development generally related to Affordable Housing, Services to Low/Moderate Income, Economic Development/Job Creation, and Revitalization/Stabilization of Low/Mod areas.
Any non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization in a community that Kitsap Bank serves, which meets one of the funding focus areas above, are encouraged to apply.
Organizations providing services to low/moderate income individuals will be given preference.
Proposals must be received by September 15th of the year prior to the donation or sponsorship for budget consideration. Any proposals received thereafter will be considered for the following year (i.e. proposals received September 16, 2023 and later will be reviewed for the 2025 year).
Only proposals of sponsorship or grant requests ranging from $500 to $10,000 will be reviewed.
Only proposals from organizations within Kitsap Bank's footprint will receive consideration.
Proposals Ineligible For Community Connections
- - Individuals, including scholarship or fellowship assistance (Kitsap Bank provides the University of Washington Business Scholarship, Olympic College Scholarship and the Western Washington University/Olympic College Poulsbo Campus Scholarship each year)
- For-profit entities.
- Political, labor, or religious activities/organizations
- Loans and investments
- Operating funds and deficits, debt retirement, or emergency funding
- Projects or organizations outside of Kitsap Bank’s market area
- Travel related expenses, including trips, tours and conferences
- Community Foundations (funds passed through to other 501(c)(3) organizations)
- Sports Team Sponsorships (these sponsorships are handled at the branch level directly)
- Golf Tournaments (these sponsorships are handled at the branch level directly)
- Seminars or trade shows
* Exceptions may be made for long-standing relationships with partner organizations